Are you applying for a new job? Are you hoping to be hired? You must be the perfect candidate to reach your goal, even though every single candidate should strive for consistent improvement.
To facilitate things for you, we gathered seven main characteristics that the majority of the employers seek in the job applicants.
- Intelligence: The productivity and contribution of an employee is determined by his level of intelligence. Intelligence in this sense means the ability to plan, to organize, to set priorities, to solve problems, and to get the job done.
- Effective Communication: Employers seek candidates who can listen to instructions and act on those instructions with minimal guidance. They want employees who speak, write, and listen effectively, organize their thoughts logically, and explain everything clearly.
- Leadership: Leadership is the willingness and the desire to accept responsibility for results. It’s the ability to take charge, to volunteer for assignments, and to accept accountability for achieving the required results of those assignments.
- Courage: Courage is not only the willingness to take risks and big jobs, but also the willingness to speak up and say exactly what you think and feel in a difficult situation.
- Integrity: It is the most important quality for long-term success; it begins by being true to yourself, and in your relationship with others.
- Likability: Employers like people who are warm, friendly, easygoing and cooperative with others. They also like people who can join the team as teamwork is the key to business success
- Creativity: Companies seek for innovation and a consistent improvement on current internal processes. They’re continually looking for those who can not only work autonomously, but who also can formulate fresh ways to complete old tasks.
The above qualities are essential not only to get your dream job but also to develop your competencies on all levels of life. Strive to acquire them, and you will definitely reach all your goals.
The Business Lobby team.