tweet this share on facebook LinkedIn
At the beginning of the year, it is imperative that we approach things in a different way, in a way that would help spread positivity around us. Therefore, we should avoid negativity, not only by staying away from it, but also through turning a negative situation to a positive one, and a negative behavior to a positive one as well.
The same approach should apply to negative people we face daily in the workplace. Have you ever had an annoying colleague? Was it the kind of person that likes to whine and complain about others and everything for no reason? It would definitely be hard to deal with him/her?
However, since we are adopting a positive approach at this beginning of the year, we will share with you some useful tips that would help you turn this annoying and disturbing presence, into a positive one.
1. Understand the reason that is driving that person to complain; some complain and blame the others for their mistakes to prove to others and to themselves that they have nothing to do with the error that occurred, while others complain because they assume the responsibility of everything that happens in their lives, as for the third category of ever complaining people, they nag in search for attention.
2. Confronting the person with what you know will not make things easier, and sharing your intentions will also not help.
3. At this point, you should let the person who complains know, and according to the reason behind his complaints that: Complaining will never let him reach the goal he is trying to reach, or protect him and make him look important.
4. Then, it is time to give your advice: Share with the person that complains few suggestions to feel important, and help him to assume the responsibility of his life even if some external factors may change his strategies and plans.
5. Emphasize on gratefulness and on showing appreciation: When complaining, people usually focus on certain aspects of their lives, so the easiest way to overcome complaining is to focus on the positive things and go with the flow.
individuality and teamwork: A great organization stresses teamwork while still encouraging individual achievement and creativity.
So, the best way to deal with a person who continuously complains is to shift his mindset and help him be in control.
THE BUSINESS LOBBY TEAM