Our client a financial services company, specialized in actuarial services consultancy is looking for an Actuarial Manager for their offices in Jordan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct reserving exercises for general insurance companies.
- Conduct pricing exercises for general insurance lines.
- Develop/improve current general insurance pricing/reserving process and tools.
- Create a proper documentation process for general insurance reserving and pricing projects.
- Lead the project team working on our in-house general insurance reserving software.
- Supervise junior actuarial analysts and develop their skills.
- Experience from 5-10 years in reserving and pricing of general insurance lines most importantly motor and medical insurance.
- BSc to MSc in Math or Actuarial Science.
- Excellent knowledge in Excel and VBA under Excel. Knowledge in SQL is a plus.
- Good progress in actuarial exams.
- Good managerial skills.
- Client handling skills.
- Will manage a team of three analysts.
- Experience in IFRS 17 is a plus.
- Reports to Managing Director.
- Languages: Arabic, and English.
Working hours: 8 am to 5 pm (Jordan time) with one hour lunch break for five days a week (Friday and Saturday are off except for busy seasons).
The busy season spreads from December to mid of March where Saturday becomes a normal working day.
From USD 3,500 to 5,000 + Medical Insurance (upon successful completion of probation period) + Social Security + Round Trip Ticket: once a year.