A multinational investment company with diversified commercial and industrial businesses in the Middle East, the US and Europe are recruiting an Associate General Counsel for their offices in Greece to support in performing legal, regulatory and corporate functions, including deal execution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review, draft and negotiate legal documentation in connection with the firm’s investments into private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds, as well as direct public equities (including derivatives), private equity, real estate investments and M&As.
- Coordinate with tax and finance team and outside advisors to ensure proper tax structuring.
- Provide ongoing legal advice and work with respect to existing portfolio of investments.
- Maintain the legal entities summary and administer the firm’s corporate secretarial function for certain legal entities, organizing shareholders meetings, drafting resolutions, and maintaining up to date corporate records.
- Coordinate with the compliance team in respect of KYC/AML issues arising in investment documentation and banking documentation.
- Provide support for the firm’s other day to day legal requirements (commercial contracts, HR related agreements, etc.).
Experience & Skills
- Experience as Senior Associate or Junior Partner at a major corporate law firm, preferably with exposure to private equity funds work and direct private equity investments and M&As
- Admitted to a US or a UK bar
- Fluency in English & Arabic
- Ability to understand internal clients’ business objectives and to deliver practical, risk-weighted legal advice and results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent drafting skills