A Telecommunication & Construction Company located in DRS- Congo is looking for a Network Engineer/ NOC Engineer:
- Establish the network environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network issues and outages, planning upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Undertake investigations of data network failures in local and extended environments using information from multiple sources.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and administer firewall environments in accordance with IT security policy.
- Report on the operational status of the network by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware versions.
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services, and firewalls.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and troubleshooting if problems arise during initial installation.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and devices hosted in data centres.
- BA in Computer Engineering/ Computer Software/ Systems Engineering/ Computer Systems and Networks/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Network Security Management.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in network operations, engineering or system management or High school diploma with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in engineering or management experience of large scale, complex and critical network systems or operations.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of traffic flow analysis and troubleshooting.
- Consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to resolve customer issues as well as service inefficiencies with little supervision.
- Good understanding and troubleshooting experience in IP/MPLS and Ethernet network routing and switching.
- Good understanding and troubleshooting experience of EGP and IGP routing protocols such as MP-BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Good understanding of MEF Carrier Ethernet concepts and the technologies and protocols required to support Metro Ethernet and VPN services (VPLS, MPLS-TE, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS(-XR) operating systems.
- Creating network and service diagrams and documentation using Microsoft Visio and other MS Office tools.
- Consistently display good teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with clients and colleagues who speak English as a second language.
Monday to Saturday from 8AM to 5PM and on Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM
Kinshasa- Congo- Africa
Fresh USD negotiable + Local Medical Insurance + One Plane Ticket + Housing + Car