Our client, a highly reputable media company and publisher, is searching for a Virtual Conference Project Manager:
– Work on the main themes and focus of the conference in close coordination with the editorial teams;
– Build an agenda that’s engaging and follows defined tracks;
– Build a strong format for the event including panel discussions, keynotes, sponsored sessions, and Q&A with the audience;
– Include activities to better engage the audience;
– Create engaging content requested by other teams working on the conference. This includes: social media content, newsletter content, content on sessions, content on speakers and moderators, content on the conference, content for website, and content on sponsored sessions.
– Search for top speakers who are experts in their fields for the conference (number of speakers to be discussed), locally, regionally, and internationally based on the conference’s themes;
– Prepare the topics and the questions with the speakers;
– Explain to speakers the guidelines and maintain close contact to answer all their questions;
– Explain to speakers how to use online event tools;
– Follow up with speakers until the release form is signed;
– Check all presentations of speakers and make sure they follow MIT Technology Review’s policies;
– Facilitate discussions between moderators and speakers;
– Help moderators with preparing for the sessions when needed;
– Attend weekly conference calls with the different teams to keep everyone on the same track;
– Coordinate all communications between sponsors, speakers, moderators and the editorial team;
– Be present in the sales team meetings with sponsors when required;
– Reach out to all speakers close to the event to discuss their presentations, create a synopsis, and remind them of the guidelines.
– Excellent project management;
– Ability to work with minimal supervision;
– Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure;
– Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
– Able to communicate Harvard Business Review, MIT Technology Review and EmTech;
– MENA brand intelligently, professionally and effectively;
– Strong research skills and knowledge about trending international and regional events in technology and business;
– 3+ years of experience in conference production, agenda setting, and speaker acquisition;
– Experience in sourcing and contracting is a plus;
– Experience with online events production is a plus.
Salary is Negotiable (Fresh dollars)
PS: This is a totally remote job for 4 months only.