Telecommunication international carrier offering an exceptionally high end Voice, Data & SMS wholesale services.
International Telecommunication company, looking for a NOC Engineer to act as the first/second point of escalation for all network problems and analyses the root cause of all repetitive ones. Configures all monitoring tools and makes sure they are 24×7 operational, evaluates new monitoring technologies based on the network needs and recommends the purchase of new monitoring tools.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for IP, switching and transmission related problems.
- Handles faults properly and cooperates with level one and other technical departments in order to solve complicated network problems.
- Manages and maintains the company’s network elements, gateways, servers, modems, routers, switches, firewalls, and related infrastructure operating systems and applications.
- Establishes/manages conference calls (with customers, vendors and/or suppliers) required to identify Root Cause Analysis and to discuss SLA’s commitments (if needed).
- Checks whether sudden customer increase/decrease in traffic is related to a technical problem.
- Applies KPI’s to maintain a good level of QOS for all company customers.
- Checks periodically the unstable sites, points out the reason(s) behind instability and advises other departments accordingly.
- Makes sure that escalation lists are always updated.
- Assists in writing technical parts of the customers’ SLAs
- Performs other duties as requested by his/her direct supervisor.
- Able to work different shifts (Morning, evening and night shifts).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Communications Engineering.
- 0-2 years’ experience. Training will be provided.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
Cyprus – Nicosia
You’re welcome to connect with the Consultant via email@example.com +961 71 173 717